Moraga Barn at Moraga, California March 2008
The Moraga Barn was originally built as a hotel and stage stop by Robert Noble Burgess, a partner in the Moraga Land and Water Company. As such, Moraga became an important stop for the Sacramento Northern Railroad (a line that ran
from Oakland to Sacramento). The landmark plaque originally placed on the site* states: "Erected in 1914 by the Moraga Land Company, James Irvine, President, as the "Moraga Hotel."
The Hydronika unit installed at this site is a hybrid unit (6 pipe) providing 8 tons of cooling using two separate 2 stage chilling circuits. Hot compressor gas is directed through water cooled coaxial coils before entering the air cooled condenser coils. Hot waste water is directed to a swimming pool. If the liquid line return temperature from the air cooled coils is within range, the variable speed controlled fan barely cycles. Hot water is supplied by a natural gas fired 80K BTUH 95% AFUE boiler.
This application was designed and engineered by Rumsey Engineers Inc. in Oakland.